[DMCForum] Re: Car Passion.

Dang!! I'm confused. Give me a day and I won't be, I'll figure out
what your message was trying to tell me.

Robert, are you the guy that put the Lotus v-8 in your DeLo? I'm just
trying to figure out who the different faces are, so when I see you
guys I don't feel like an idiot when I talk to you.

Josh

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas@xxxx>
wrote:

> See now, my Dad was just like that. To him, a car was a car. Except
> for when he first saw an Esprit in some mechanics garage out in
> Burbank, California. A few years later he saw the DeLorean debut
> during the US Open tennis match. He wanted to buy one, but after the
> company folded he was worried about parts, he never did. So this was
> always a funny situation for me. My father hated sports cars. To him
> all you needed was an simple car, or a truck for basic
transportation.
> He didn't even like air conditioning, and didn't care about dents or
> dings. So it was really funny if when you mentioned to him any kind
of
> sports cars, and he had the attitude of, "Bah! Who needs one?" And
> then later on when I decided that I wanted a DeLorean, he was all
for
> the idea and encouraged me to get one. A 360° turn around in
attitude
> from what I was used to.
>
> Not being a car guy himself and having bad run-ins with mechanics in
> the past, my Dad always thought that my first car should be one
that I
> worked on, and learned from so that I could be self-reliant. No, the
> DeLorean wasn't my first car, but it is the one that I learned off
of.
> And boy did that learning experience catch up with a vengance! :)
>
> I like Mopar stuff, but I'm no where even close to being pasionate
> about it. I just happen to prefer it over most other vehicles, save
> for the DeLorean of course. Passion couldn't even come close to
> describing how into the DeLorean marque I am, let alone how much I
> absolutely love my particular car.
>
> I'm sure the experience is different for everyone. But for me it's
> over. I got my dream car. I don't have to whine, yearn, or dream
> anymore. There are some cars that I'd like to have, and others that
> wouldn't mind owning. But it wouldn't disappoint me if I never get
> them. Why? I've got my DeLorean. It never gets boring, it never
looks
> outdated, and it's just so damn comfortable (I had my seats recoverd
> in plush cloth). I've had my eyes on both getting a Jeep, and a 71
> B-body Mopar eventually. But if it never happened, no big loss to
me.

> Now like I say, this has just been my experience. I don't consider
> liking, or even feeling passionate about another type of vehicle as
> negative thing against the DeLorean. But for me, everything else is
> just trival. If I could only drive one vehicle for the rest of my
> life, I'd choose the DeLorean and never look back.
>
> Besides, it's cheaper than a new car!
>
> -Robert
>

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nun Yah" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > That is cool that you are that passionate about Mopar and
DeLoreans.
> > Mostly everybody I talk to don't really care what kind of car
they
> > drive as long as it gets them from point a to point b. To me,
driving
> > should be fun and just driving to point a to point b isn't really
fun.
> > I respect you likeing Mopar. I don't, but like you said before
some
> > are Ford, some are Chevy, and some are Mopar. Maybe in a few
years
> > we'll see some Cherys :-)
> >
> > Josh

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor