From: Nun Yah [mailto:joshp1986@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:34 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: De Lorean appearance...

I'm with you Greg, cars were designed to be driven. If they weren't
they would make them where they did not work because it would be
cheaper. Society also needs the pristine cars though. Those cars will
last longer than driven cars most likely and will be infalueble in
say 50 or 60 years when the driven cars are past the poin of return
or wrecked.

Ken has a 170 mile car? I didn't know that. Which Ken is it? Sounds
pretty cool. I for one could not do that, keep a car with only 170
miles on it. I don't have the self discipline to just look at it.

Josh

> I will agree with some of that, but a lot of people's cars are
works in
> process.  I will add another perspective, ironically using the
Lamborghini
> as well.
>
> I pulled into the Luxor hotel parking lot in Las Vegas and saw
about ten
> Lamborghinis, a Maserati, and a couple of Vipers parked in this
roped-off
> section of the parking garage.  At first I thought it was a little
car show
> to attract attention so went to check them out.  Since this was near
> midnight, the security guard came over and checked us out as well.
>
> I noticed a Lamborghini Diablo that had near bald tires, faded
paint, and
> the front was peppered with rock chips like I have never seen on
any other
> car.  I couldn't believe someone would be out in a car like this.
Then, I
> spotted a business card stuck on each car and picked one up.
>
> This was a group of people in a Lamborghini Driving Club out of
California
> that take road trips in their cars.  The wear and tear on the car
was from
> use.  That changed my opinion on how that car looked and actually
really
> impressed me.  How many people spend that kind of money on a car
and really
> drive it?  You would expect to see a pristine Lamborghini because
most, I
> would think, are in someone's garage and get driven around the
block every
> other year.  What a waste.  I would drive mine.
>
> Jay Leno once said something I thought was pretty cool.  When asked
about
> his cars, he stated he likes to fix them up, drive them for a bit,
and then
> fix them up again.  After all, they are cars that were designed to
be
> driven.
>
> I do really enjoy seeing De Loreans that are pristine as well and I
> appreciate those people keeping their cars that way.  Ken's 170
mile car was
> stunning to me.  I would be too tempted to drive it though.
>
> Greg

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada