Re: [DMCForum] Re: DMCH open house...

Not all of us have spare cash to keep sticking into our Deloreans, i
have other bills and when i have extra cash it goes to Vacation's, new
home stuff or the Delorean.

My car has sht fascia's on it and they will stay that way until other
things are slowly repaired or replaced on my Delorean or home projects.

My car is a driver and a restoration, i will not let it sit for years
just because it doesn't meet your standards.

No offense taken.

Mark V

On Feb 20, 2005, at 12:36 PM, Videobob Moseley wrote:

> Robert, (vegas),
> this is not a direct reply to you but rather a statement to everyone,
> so no
> offense.......
>
> I am not about to argue restoration vs. original paint and these
> opinions.
> I agree, an early 1900's Harley or Indian with original paint (cracked,
> faded) is worth more
> than one with a stripped restored paint job....
> but I don't think that this same thing applies.....not when there are a
> thousand brand
> new painted fascias stacked up at DMCH.
> ....a few hundred years from now when there are none to be found, and
> you
> have the
> the only real fascia on the planet and everyone else has replaced
> theirs
> with a reproduction
> then your faded paint will have some value and respect.
> Until that time when someone looks at your car and sees the paint
> falling
> off they will think...
> "Gee, the paint is falling right off the car! What a piece of shit".
> At least, that's what I think.
> There are plenty of 20+ year old cars with all the paint in tact.
> There is no reason the car should be looking bad when there are simple
> and
> CHEAP
> solutions for all of these problems.
> If the fascias were hard to get, expensive and hard to put on I could
> understand
> the reasoning for not replacing it, but you can order one from DMCH or
> refurbished
> one from Josh or others, get it in a few days, and put it on in
> MINUTES.
> I think it only took me about 10 or 15 minutes to put it on.
>
> Considering what it would cost to replace the front bumper fascia on my
> Taurus or any
> other new car, the price for replacing the fascia on the front of a
> classic
> exotic sports car
> is more than reasonable.
> Ever priced the front bumper of a Lamborghini?
> You can't get one for $700.00 I tell you that.
>
> Speaking of Lamborghini's, I am going to tell my story of the first
> time I
> saw one (again)
> so that maybe you would understand.
> ......as a kid, I worshiped the Lamborghini Countach.
> I had posters everywhere.
> I told my mom that when I was old enough I was going to get a tattoo
> of a
> Lamborghini on
> my arm, and the Bull Logo on the other.... (thank God she would'nt let
> me!)
> When I was 16, I saved up the money to buy one of the kit-cars, and
> sent IFG
> a $1000 deposit.
> Once I realized I would never be able to complete it I had to forfeit
> [...]

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada