From: therealdmcvegas [mailto:dmcvegas@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2005 11:55 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: cooling question...

Yeah, it's absolutely normal. Water boils at 212°F when it's not
under pressure. However, when you cut it with coolant, and keep it in
a pressurized system, you raise the boling point significantly. So
these temperatures are perfectly normal.

Do DeLoreans run hotter than other cars? No. Infact, my DeLorean
usually runs cooler, because of our overzealous cooling system with
18' of pipes. However many people assume that they do. The reason is
simple: The DeLorean Temp gague displays the numerical value of the
temperature. Other stock gagues on other cars do not, so they keep
drivers dumb on purpose to avoid confusion.

Example: Oh wow, my DeLorean is sitting at 220 degrees! It must be
running hot! (even though this is a perfectly normal, and safe
temperature)

Counter example: Well as long at the needle on my ordinary production
car doesn't go into the red zone, I'm ok.

Take two cars that run the same safe temperature, and that's what
you'll get above. It's all just a matter of perception.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> Whoops... reposted too soon.  Is this normal?  I was looking at the
one
> posted in "new find" again yesterday with another owner.  He also
thought it
> was too high.  My De Lorean hasn't ran since before I bought it so
I have no
> idea.
>
> I have heard other people say these engines run more hot that
others, but
> this one seemed really hot.
>
> Greg

compressor?

> > Greg
>
> My fans will normally kick on once the needle goes slightly past
> halfway on the temp gague.
>
> -Robert

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada