[DMCForum] re: static electricity (was: fuel tank somethingorother)

[DMCForum] re: static electricity (was: fuel tank somethingorother)

There are also ground strap wristbands available.
People who work on computers a lot use them on
occasion.

BTW, anybody ever used a ground strap on their cars?
They're things that hang down from your car (smart
people do not attach them to the gas tank) and touch
the ground, thus keeping you from shocking yourself
when you get out of the car. I have heard of people
using these when they use low rolling-resistance tyres
that allow a static charge to accumulate on their
vehicles. But I have yet to know if they actually
work.

Farrar

=====
"Forty-two," said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.