[DMCForum] Re: Mystery D in AR

It might be a bit different with DeLoreans. As I heard it from the
Parts, Service, and Sales managers from the Las Vegas dealership, the
night that JZD was arrested, their phones lit up, with everyone trying
to locate as much inventory as possible, and keep the dealer network
together, because they believed that the company would pull through.

Later when Consolidated Intl. took over the company, they bought back
parts inventories from the dealerships that didn't want them. LV was
one such dealership. This was told to me directly from the Parts
Manager at the Dodge dealership here who helped to personally pack
everything, and send it off.

On a side note: The LV dealership was owed about $30K in warranty
work, that DMC never paid them. They in turn put in a huge parts &
accessories order with some big ticket items, that equaled $30K. When
DMC sent them the bill, they sent back their own bill for waranty
work, with a note that they were now even. The next day, DMC sent out
a telex to all dealerships that credit would no longer be extended to
any parts departments. Cash and carry only for all merchandise.

-Robert