From: ryanpwright [mailto:yahoo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 6:30 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: SUV envy

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chris Almy <chris.almy@xxxx> wrote:
> Most of these
> people spend 100% of the time driving on paved roads with just a few
> passengers and never haul anything.

LOL... Such generalizations! I don't think you have any clue what
complete strangers do with their vehicles.

During the week, my wife takes our SUV on errands around town. It's
primarily her vehicle - I'm driving the DeLorean. I'm sure people like
you look at her and think, "Hmph! Stupid soccer mom. What does she
need that gas guzzling huge monster for? And look, she's just picking
up groceries! She never hauls anything or goes off road!"

On the weekends, I use the same vehicle to haul all sorts of things. I
climb mountains with it. I load it up with gear and people and take it
on trips. Let me assure you, I am not an abnormal SUV owner. If you
really think "most people" buy them for status symbols and just to
drive on paved road, never hauling anything, you're wrong. "Most
people" are reasonably intelligent and actually use the capabilities
of their vehicle from time to time. Even if I only hauled something
once or twice a year, it's worth it not to have to go through the
hassle of renting or borrowing someone else's vehicle.

-Ryan