Re: [DMCForum] Re: Big Trucks..

Splashing/driving through standing water with hot disc brakes can cause warpage of the disc, for one.  Also, in two-way traffic, the splash you create can temporarily 'wash-out' the vision of a driver going in the opposite direction.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: therealdmcvegas
  To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:30 AM
  Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Big Trucks..

  As someone who lives in an area that commonly floods, what is so
  wrong with splashing thru standing water? Driving slow just makes the
  vehicle stall out. If someone splashes water on your vehicle, what's
  the big deal?

  The exception to this of course is the fact I am a mean bastard who
  like to wait for pedestrians to first walk by standing water. >:)

  And no, this isn't just in the SUV. I like to go puddle hopping in
  the DeLorean as well. I *might* see something there, because cold
  water splashing up on my engine leaves a HUGE cloud of steam behind
  me. But for all conventional cars, what's the big deal?

  -Robert