RE: [DMCForum] Re: New poll for DMCForum

RE: [DMCForum] Re: New poll for DMCForum

I for one am not going to discuss my penis size ( my wife can chime in if
needed, but lets say I wear a 15 wide shoe size lol).  I have been looking
at these automobiles for a while and have found the sentiments from many to
be a semi-jealousy thing.  No not all comments are that, but as with any
status symbol, if you can't readily afford it, then you tend to bash it.  I
mean come on an H2 pathetic???  That sounds a tad over the top there.  If
you don't like it that's fine, but please have real reasons for it, not
speculation and H2-envy lol.

I found that fu site before and had a good laugh but Green-Weenies always
make me laugh.  Many of the facts are mis-leading and frankly the interior
of one is to die for.  I test drove an Aztek a few years ago and even just
looked at their 360 view on Pontiacs web site, and don't remember seeing
parts that looked like that on an H2.

The following is from
http://www.suvxccessory.com/xccessory/2003-hummer-h2-review.html  You see
some rumors are only based loosely in facts.

The H2 is based on the GMT820 platform, the very same platform that provides
the underpinnings for the Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Avalanche and all of GM's
other full-size trucks. However, the H2 is much more than just a re-bodied
Tahoe. The H2 does share the previously mentioned vehicles suspension and
6.0-liter V8, but the similarities end there. The H2 is built with the
serious off-roader in mind, but the GMT820 platform should insure civilized
on-road manners in addition to its off-road abilities.

A joint team from AM General and General Motors decided to shed almost 10
inches from the front overhang of the GM truck platform. A few extra inches
were also sawed off the rear just for good measure. It might not sound like
much, but with the H2's wheels pushed all the way out to the very corners of
the vehicle, it is now capable of creeping over rocks no Tahoe could ever
hope to master and drive home to tell about it. The H2 is also outfitted
with all manner of cladding and plates underneath to insure no vital organs
are torn up when using the H2 to its full capabilities. Front suspension is
torsion bar, but rear suspension is available as five-link coil spring or an
optional air-bag suspension that's good for an extra few inches of ground
clearance. The air-bag suspension also has a load-leveling feature.

The H2 is said to be capable of tackling 6 inches of standing water without
slowing below 40 mph, and conquer 20-inch streams at 5 mph. According to
Hummer "It can also comfortably and confidently climb 16-inch steps and
rocks, without getting hung up or jarring its passengers. And it can paddle
through deep sand or run over sandy surfaces in high-speed desert conditions
with remarkable ease." The H2's 6.0-liter V8 is good for 316 hp and 360 lb
ft of torque. The V8 is mated to a heavy duty GM 4L65-E four-speed
electronic automatic transmission, with a 3.06 first gear ratio.

Just my 2 cents, but it is a very capable vehicle my wife will be proud to
drive around since she hates the Mini-van.  Truth be told it will be her
daily driver as I use my 2005 Ram 2500 Turbo Diesel.

Jack Stiefel -- Tampa, Florida

<http://www.fmtimemachine.com> www.fmtimemachine.com

Direct listen link:  <http://www.live365.com/stations/radiocape>
www.live365.com/stations/radiocape