From: thebrave65 [mailto:ssawyer37@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 10:32 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: new find...

Hi Greg.  From the photos, it looks like a decent car.  It has the
original blue fan fail module and it looks like it has a rear main
seal leak with all of the oil coating the oil pan.

Without looking at it or any of the fluids, electricals, etc. (and
assuming it runs and stops), I might guess a $14,000 car.

A garage queen is good but I wonder why the dash is faded.

Do you know why it has the flat hood?  Was it in a collision?

Johnny
5518 - with hood grooves

> Hey all,
>
> I have uploaded a few pictures to the photo section into folder "new
find".
> This is a car I looked at today and am considering buying so I would
like
> everyone's opinion on what you think it is worth.  Right now the
owner is
> asking way more than it is worth.
>
> It is an '81, gray, five speed with a flat bonnet and in the low
5000 VIN
> range.  It has around 50k miles.  The stainless is near perfect,
with only
> two very small dings.  He put new tires, brakes, front wheel
bearings, and
> struts on the car recently.  It sits inside all the time, which is
why the
> car looks so dusty.  Like I mentioned, the stainless is near perfect
and the
> pictures do not do it justice.
>
> The binnacle is cracked, the dash faded, and the seats have some
cracking.
> The front fascia is just barely showing signs of warping.  I do have a
> theory on why the fascia warps, other than high beams or the sun.
Anyway,