RE: [DMCForum] Re: possible concours car?

RE: [DMCForum] Re: possible concours car?

>Does this car have the grey interior with the gas flap? I couldn't
>really tell from the photos, but it didn't really look black.

No, this car has the black interior.  Yes, it has the gas flap.  I have a
new digital camera and don't always get the settings correct.

>If it really sat in the sun ALL the time and the binnacle & dash
>haven't turned to toast, then that is truly a miracle in Delorean
>terms. Especially with no eyebrows, those three items right there
>defy Delorean law so say it.

That is what I have been saying all this time.  At the most, this car has
been in a carport and nothing more.  It is still exposed to the sun.

>Mechanically how is it? Does it run, or does it need everything done
>to it, brakes, fuel, cooling, rubber, HVAC, etc, etc?

It runs great, and doesn't hunt at idle.  The owner only drives it on
occasion to keep it moving and exercised.  The last he  checked, the a/c was
still cold.  Both of these cars are very similar in some regards so it is
easy to get them confused.

>And hey, you might actually be able to get a gas-flap hood Greg.
>From the photos, it looks to be needing a good regraining, as long
>as it is free of any major dings.

It looks to be ding-free, but does have some superficial scratches.  When I
was there, his grandson had his "army men" staked out on the bonnet ;) Like
I stated, with some detail work I think this could be a concours car.  It
only has about 4k miles.

>I'd heavily favor the 5 speed model over the automatic though.

I do prefer the five-speed over the automatic as well.  The automatic would
become the concours car and so would be driven very little.  The five-speed
car would be my driver.  I am sure you understand all of this thought
process ;)

>Or just buy both!

If I can, that's what I am planning on doing if everything works out.  I
have as of yet to own a De Lorean I can drive :)

>Thanks for the cleaning comment :) How'd you know I was an obsessive
>neat freak?

Uh... read your emails :)  Pencil me in for a visit to your garage.

Greg