RE: [DMCForum] Automatic, or 5 speed... That is the question.

RE: [DMCForum] Automatic, or 5 speed... That is the question.

"conversion"?  I must admit, while I know 1860 was not
a "Legend Car", and therefore would not demand the
same price as 502 due to the lack of historical value,
I don't know if I agree with the term conversion.
This engine was designed for this car, to me the term
conversion means a engine was installed in the car
which was not intended to be there by the engineers.

>From a technical point of view, I prefer 1860 over 502
due to the inter-cooler setup.  From a historical and
value point of view, 502 will leave 1860 in the dust..
:(

With the fiberglass...  I already have a spare set of
pontoons I got for the purposes of patching up the
holes in 1860, that was not what stopped me from
moving the Legend engine to 6068.  But there was a
fiberglass duct added in the rear wheel wells that
takes the air from the scoops in the ground effect and
forces it up through the inter-coolers.  The setup is
effective, so I would keep it.   For me to transfer
the ground effects to 6068 is no big deal, but then I
would need to fabricate the ducts in the wheel
wells.....  After evaluating all of the work involved,
it seemed more practical to just swap the transmission
in 1860.  It would be less work, and less money... and
much less down time for the cars. (Swapping engines,
fiberglass work, and so on).

So, that brings up back to my first question...  Do I
leave 1860 the way it is, or put a STD in it?