[DMCForum] Automatic, or 5 speed... That is the question.

[DMCForum] Automatic, or 5 speed... That is the question.

OK, so I got this DeLorean.  Vin 01860, and I am
fortunate enough to have a neat little engine in it
designed and built by Legend Industries, with twin
turbos.

The PO of this car, who purchased the engine from the
Legend bankruptcy sale and installed it in 1860 chose
to keep the 3 speed automatic transmission.

So, here is my dilemma;

When I first purchased the car, my plan was to
transfer the Legend engine in to 6068, which is a 5
speed DeLorean that had a Island turbo kit on it.  The
car is otherwise in good shape..  I was then going to
install the 3.5L Chrysler engine in 1860 with a 4
speed automatic box.

At the point where I could have transfered the Legend
engine to 6068, I realized that the work involved in
plumbing the inter-coolers as they were on 502 (I have
all of the parts to do it) was counter-productive
(very restrictive design).  To transfer the engine
with the inter-cooler setup as the PO did it on 1860
would have required significant fiberglass work which
I also wanted to avoid.

By the end of that day, I decided to restore 1860 as
it was and maybe at some later date just do a trans
swap on it... Leaving the 3.5 Chrysler conversion for
6068.

Thats is where I am today.  So what I am looking for
are opinions on if I should replace the Auto in 1860
with a STD?

On the one hand, I own the *ONLY* Automatic Legend
Twin Turbo, and it is the transmission that came with
the car. In addition, because you can keep your foot
on the gas through gear shifts, the turbos never slow
down which gives an added performance factor.

On the other hand, I could probably crank up the boost
if I did not have to worry about breaking the POS
slush box, and shifting is always more fun..   And it
would be nice to cruise at 70 miles an hour without
the engine screaming at 4000+ RPM!

What should I do?!