From: wayofcain [mailto:wayofcain@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 2:48 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Car Covers priced too low...

This is really none of my business but if the info helps...

My company sells items supplied by one manufacturer to many
distributors. We have agreements about Minimum advertisable prices.
(MAP)

MAP prices are dictated by the manufacturer and are usually lower
than the MSRP. Meaning MSRP $1995 Your price $1795, for example.

The MAP means nothing, we can sell the item for cost if we wanted to.
BUT, we cannot advertise it for 1¢ less than the MAP. We have
advertised for less than MAP before by accident.

If a competitor catches us advertising the price for less than MAP
they can call the manufacturer and we can end up in some trouble.

If a competitor catches us selling for less than MAP but still
advertising at MAP, they can't do anything and we are still in
the "right".

I don't know anything about the Car Cover situation, but thought
maybe that info would be helpful.

Cain Grimes
002835