Re: [DMCForum] Re: Viruses.

As you said earlier Robert, OS X is based on BSD, which is one of the
early flavors of UNIX, ported to the Motorola PPC chip.  That error
stinks of UNIX.  Most of the magic of UNIX comes from interprocess
communication on the system, which relies on process id's (pids) for
tracking.  From my experience with it, 10.1 did have its share of
growing pains, being a relatively new port of BSD, and I think your
error message is a reflection of that.  For one things, running OS X on
hardware that predates its release is a great way to get it to spit out
all kinds of fatal errors. =)

  - Jon