[DMCForum] Re: AOL...

Sorry, VB. But I gotta argue that point with you. Read my other post
about Mac Viri, and compare the new affordable G4 Mac Mini @ $499!

Contengency plans are nessisary for when the shit does hit the fan.
However, CONTENGENCY PLANS ARE NOT A VIABLE SOLUTION TO LONG TERM
SOFTWARE ISSUES!

The OS X GUI is really not all the different. There are only 3 points:
1. Your close/minimize buttons are on the other side at the top.
2. You have to quit out of a program, not just close the window.
3. Different verbage for certain system applications.

That's it. But let me pose a quick question to you VideoBob, and
everyone else whom I've heard that statement from: Everyone had to
learn to adapt to Windows 95, after years of 3.11 for DOS. So, what's
the difference?

The only thing that Apple is lagging behind in is gaming. However,
changes to that are in the works. You can run dual 64bit G5 processors
that load balance system processes on the OS level, rather than only
for specific software applications that can only use said 2nd
processor. Especially with the cost efficient CPU's by IBM. Plus with
Quartz graphics, all video graphics are based off Adobe acrobat, so
that they can write faster to the screen (improvement for gamers). Oh,
BTW, when Microsoft releases the X-Box 2, it will be powered by a G5
processor!

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20146

And as far as Apple hardware being more expensive, the Mac Mini is
their answer to that. Otherwise, VT's new supercomputer is the 3rd
fastest in the world, and only cost less than $6M to build.

http://www.apple.com/hardware/video/virginiatech/

I'm not like allot of the Mac zealots I've encountered. In fact, those
people tend to scare me. However, I will say just take a look, and
give it a chance.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob@xxxx> wrote:
> Here's MY plan.
> I have to admit, the MAC is a better machine, but not when it comes to
> priceing,
> parts and software options, and sources for goodies.
> I also am not crazy about the interface when I have grown up on a PC.
>
> The BEST virus protection?
> There is no such thing.
> I keep EVERYTHING backed up.
> I have over 2 Terrabytes here, and several external 300BG and lotsa
DVDs.