[DMCForum] Re: John Lane's PRV

Dave - John Lane is local to us up here in the flood plain that used
to be called the Pacific Northwest.  His hopped-up Volvo is a full-
on rally car, complete with roll cage and all the race trappings.  A
couple of people from here have ridden with him in that car, and say
that it has "power to spare".  I have not been fortunate enough to
take a ride in it.  Although I have no relevant information on the
money that he has in that motor, he did a couple of "conversions" on
local cars that we can use as a gauge of sorts.  One car had an
Eagle Premier conversion with Electromotive FI and distributorless
ignition, and I belive that it cost around $10K in the final
analysis.  This was the car that twisted off its input coupler, and
caused me to make that stronger version.  It makes just over 200HP I
believe.  The other car was a partial conversion, where he used an
Eagle Premier block and lower end, and used DeLorean upper end with
stock FI and ignition.  The car is moderately more powerful, but not
*really* significant.  The cost for the engine work was over that
$5K mark, although I don't know the exact figures because it was in
the midst of a bunch of other work.  These both were "shop bills" as
the cars were in the shop that John works for.

Toby Peterson
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Stragand"
<dave.stragand@xxxx> wrote:
> Hmmm... and DROOL...

> >From John:

> "I neglected to supply you with numbers that my car made... At the
wheels we had 504lb/ft of torque at 4000rpm's.   We did not do
a 'max HP'  run on the dyno but were rather just dialing in the
injection and ignition curves. This was with 11lbs of boost.   I
regularly run it to 15lbs of boost.  That makes it a different
manner of savage beast altogether.   I'm sure that you can
imagine.   Broken drivetrain bits aplenty.   I am figuring for 500+
lb/ft at the wheels at 6000 (with 15lbs of boost) which works out
per the math to something like 500hp at the wheels.   Call it better
then a rough guess.   Anyone who has ridden in the car will not
dispute the number."