Re: [DMCForum] Religion...

Walt,

Though I agree with you that life is a wonderous thing, I am not as
quite convinced that human life is such  good thing.

If mankind keeps on the path it is going,  the ecosystem of this planet
will collapse and life  (as we know) it will cease to exist.   Yes, the
insects will live on!

The  exploitation of humans by other humans is unfounded in nature.
There is no slavery in nature.  Yes, there is symbiosis and parasitic
relationships, but not slavery.  It is a human exploitative invention.

I have great difficulty celebrating the existence of a species that has
the capability to understand its relationship to its environment and
other species and CONCIOUSLY CHOOSES to destroy that environment and
exploit species of its own kind. (to say nothing of its exploitation of
other species.)

Yes, there are some good people who realize this problem, but the BAD
GUYs have won.  Just like the 2nd and 3 rd class passengers on the
Titanic.  THey knew the boat was sinking, but they could not do
anything about it. (Statistically, most 1st class passengers survived.)
  Yes, the life boats were only there for 1st class passengers,   The
codes at that time considered 2nd and 3rd class passengers to be
expendable.

BOB