Re: [DMCForum] Re: Electric cars

Joe,

Over the summer, Ryan got a job installing a new server for a very rich
guy.  (Ya, the guys loaded and is so cheap he finds students to upgrade
the computers at his company!)

This is owns two TV shopping channels and make $250,000 per day.  He is
worth about $750,000,000 as last count.

Away,  this guy is totally board with life.  Has no hobbies.  And only
is concerned with making more money.

I met him, and tried to convince him to do something good with his
money. (other than give millions to the republican party).

For example, he could spend $100,000,000 to build an electric car and
really do some good for this country.

I suggested that he have a custom 25 th anniversary Delorean built for
his son.  His son likes Deloreans.  No, he was too cheap to do that.

This is one of the things that disgust me about some rich people.  They
could do something really great for the US and the world, with their
billions but the do nothing.  They only want more power and money.

For example, Bill Gates could finance a space flight to Mars.  Think of
all the jobs this would create.

Or he could finanace a high speed mag lav rail line between LA and Las
Vegas.

OH, YES remember that "communist" country China?  Well, their state
controlled economy has build a mag lev train that goes between Shanghi
and its airport 30 miles away at 267 mph.!!!   DON"T give me the BS
about China no being a free market.  THIS WAS A STATE RUN PROJECT, not
free market investment.  It was the right thing to do for society, and
could not be economically justfied as an investment.  THAT's why we
don't have it in the US.  We are too interested in making money rather
than what is the right thing to do for society.

BOB