From: cruznmd [mailto:racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 10:34 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: a real car nut...

I look at that article in an entirely different way;

It's not about keeping your car from being stolen. It's not about
risking your life over a material possession. It's about finally
standing up to thugs like that and holding them accountable for
their actions.

Our society has slipped into the litigation and call-the-cops mode
to the point where no one even defends themselves anymore. I've got
news for you people. The cops aren't going to save you. You need to
save yourselves. I say this from personal experience.

1. During all of the anti-war protests, I watched an Ohio police
chief say on national TV: "If you're being robbed, or raped or
assaulted, we are not going to be able to get to you, possibly for
hours because our resources are over-taxed".

2. I was assaulted at gun-point, and tied up in my own home at 2:30
a.m. After being tied up, this gentleman attempted to sexually help
himself to my wife. She kicked the shit out of him. The police were
very slow to arrive, and when they swept my room for evidence they
completely missed the 5 rounds of .40 caliber ammo, magazine spring
and bandana all laying on the floor from when he pistol-whipped her.
I had to call them on the phone and beg them to come and get this
potential evidence. This was the Kitsap County police in Wa. State.

My home is now alarmed and I own a 12 ga. shotgun. I don't care if
you enter my home to seek shelter from a tornado, or to steal a loaf
of bread to feed your starving children. If you invade my home, I
will kill you instantly if you disobey my order to surrender.