[DMCForum] Re: Delorean at Barrett-Jackson

[DMCForum] Re: Delorean at Barrett-Jackson

Some people may feel that way about the earlier black interiors. #2524
has the early dark interior with the dark carpeting with the black
leather & vinyl. Sometime after vin# 10000 I believe they switched to
using light grey carpets, with the same black leather & vinyl, to
"lighten" up the claustrophobic feel to some people.

I actually prefer the dark early interiors to the lighter style later
models. In fact in my future plans I plan on replacing the lighter
carpets in #16851 with either NOS dark carpeting or if it isn't
available, having some made maybe. Cost me just over $1,000 to convert
the interior to early style black. The interior is in perfect shape so
maybe I could even sell the carpeting to deflect the cost?

I just like the dark look myself. Much sleeker contrast against the
stainless me thinks. :)

Mainly my point about the auction car being a "botched" job was that
unless he dumped a load of money into buying EVERY interior piece in
grey, $6-$7k est. It is probably some one off custom job, or dye job
at that.

I'd really like to see pictures when you get them to see what the guy did.

I go to Kruse International in Auburn, Indiana twice a year, spring &
summer, and always hunt the lot trying to find other Deloreans. Even
though they are all similar, something still makes me look every one
over to see the differences?

Look forward to the pictures, and damn, even at $79,000 I'm still not
winning that darn prototype.

Joe