Re: [DMCForum] Natural Gas Powered Cars WSJ last week

Re: [DMCForum] Natural Gas Powered Cars WSJ last week

Well, it seems like some parts of the world are beating the gasoline
oil company rip off.

Argentinians, to beat the high oil prices have now converted 1.3
million cars to compressed natural gas CNG and installed the infra
structure to support it.   They have significant natural gas reserves
and want to get rid of their dependence on imported oil.

Brazil has converted 600,000 cars and is increasing.

Poland with 10 million cars has converted 5 million cars.  The get the
NG from Russia.  In fact, Russia supplies the EU with 25% of its NG.

NG has an octane rating of 130, so you can run much more compression
and increase engine efficiency.

NG also burn extremely clean and you don't need emission controls.

The US oil companies vented or flares 14 billion cubic feet  of
natural gas the last year of record 1991.   Gee, if we did not waste
this natural gas, how less oil would be have to import?  Why are these
records no longer available?

(ref  http://www.economagic.com/em-cgi/data.exe/doeme/ngvfpus)

BOB