RE: [DMCForum] Re: Christians arrested for peaceful demonstration

RE: [DMCForum] Re: Christians arrested for peaceful demonstration

Marc, have you watched this video?

The guy who is on the video keeps following the police officer around and
harassing him.
The officer keeps telling him, "you will need to leave this area or you will
be arrested
for trespassing".
The guy on the video says, "I have been arrested for this type of thing
before, according
to state law this is obstruction"
What? It seems that he knows what crime he is commiting.
When the police block off a section of the street, it is no longer public.
If you were to cross a police line in a criminal investigation you would be
arrested.
That is what has happened here.

One of the organizers of the event comes to tell the guy in the video that
"his group
is purposely blocking the vendor booths that the people at the rally have
paid for and
preventing them from conducting business."
She asks him to" please move to another area or leave entirely" and the
police come over
to tell them again that they are causing a public disturbance and need to
"move along
or they will be arrested."

It is painfully obvious that these protesters had gone to this rally with
the purpose
of causing commotion, getting public attention and getting arrested for
publicity.
Look, it worked! People who normally talk about cars are now talking about
these a-holes!

What Ryan doesn't get here, is that freedom of speech does not fall into the
category of
violating someone else's civil rights by publicly harassing them, blocking
them from convening
or conduction a legal congregation or business.
This will only lead to violence every time.
These police recognize this behavior and are there to prevent it and defuse
it.
When the religious trespassers refused to listed to the authority of the law
then
the police knew they needed to act now to prevent a situation.

If a cop pulls you over, or is chasing you, rather you did anything or not,
you need
to follow his commands and do what he says. Otherwise he has the authority
to take
you down any way he sees fit.
Holding a sign with a quote from the bible does not make you exempt from
these laws.

So, I am sorry Ryan but I disagree with you.
This subject does not fall into "free speech" or even religious views.
It has to do with obeying the laws.
Until legislation is made to change these laws you need to obey them.
If you don't want to buy from me that is your loss.

- Videobob