[DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Speakers

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "captain_hydrogen"
<captainhydrogen@xxxx> wrote:

> Is it possible to replace the DeLorean's stock 4x10 speakers with the
> much more common 6x9 speakers without changing the appearance of the
> interior?  If so, what does that proceedure entail?
>
> Thank you,
> Ben Ferguson
> Arizona DeLorean Club - VIN 10365
> captainhydrogen@xxxx

Leave the 4x10s. Not worth tearing your trim apart to get at them. The
most expensive, best 4x10s you can buy will still sound like garbage.

I put a couple of nice 6" Boston Acoustic speakers in that board at
the back of the car. There's plenty of room behind it - just cut the
holes in the board and stick 'em in. They take up no extra space and
only change the appearance by adding a couple of speaker grills on
that panel.

I also managed to squeeze some 4" Bostons up front in the stock
locations. Needed a bit of modification on mounting points under the
dash, but they sound great.

-Ryan