[DMCForum] Re: PRV-6 improvements

Great to hear from you Martin.

How different is the B28E spec from the B28F?  Is the conversion to
B28E something that I can do at home?  Your site also mentions a 200
220 hp version of the PRV-6.  What is involved in that process?

Engine: B28F
Type Light-alloy 90deg V6 with two overhead camshafts.
Displacement 2.85 liters
Bore & stroke 91x73mm
Compression 8.8:1
Block type Light-alloy with cast iron cylinder liners.
Cyl. heads Light-alloy cross-flow with hemi-chambers.
Cooling sys. Water/Ethylene Glycol. Radiator forward with twin
thermostatically controlled fans
Fuel system Bosch K-Jetronic C.I.S. Fuel-injection
Ignition sys. Bosch electronic breakerless
Emission ctrl. Lambda Sond/catalytic. Unleaded fuel.

Thank you,
Ben Ferguson
Arizona DeLorean Club - VIN 10365
captainhydrogen@xxxxxxx

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi Ben
>
> Sorry I haven't replied to your mail directly. The way we get the
most
> from our engines is to make them into the B28E version, which has
no cat
> and no lambda system and a different curve on the distributor.
There's a
> bit more to it, but that's the basics.
>
> Martin
> DMUK
>
> captain_hydrogen wrote:
>

> > Happy New Year to everyone,
> >
> > According to (http://www.delorean.co.uk/DMUK/perfomance.html)
> > <http://www.delorean.co.uk/DMUK/perfomance.html%29> and
> > (http://www.delorean.co.uk/DMUK/restored.html#options)
> > <http://www.delorean.co.uk/DMUK/restored.html#options%29> it is
possible
> > to take the DeLorean's stock PRV-6 (Volvo B28F) to 170hp as well
as
> > 200-220hp.  Other than the free-flowing exhaust does anyone have
> > list of parts and/or procedures for doing just that?

click here