[DMCForum] Re: DVD Recorders off topic

Just make sure to get one compatable with DVD+R, RW discs. If you go
for the cheaper models with the DVD-R you'll miss out on a lot of
compatability with computers & standalone dvd players. And don't buy
one that limits you to one format, say DVD+RW only. Make sure it
does rewritable and standard dvds, that way you won't be stuck
buying the more expensive DVD+RW discs all the time.

For the ultimate DVD Recorder you can put together for about under
$200 bucks, use a PC connected to a DVB satellite card with a DVD
burner. Everything comes downstream already in mpeg2 format,
encoding is a breeze and you can custom configure anything.

Main issue with set top boxes, aka standaone units is they get
outdated SO fast.

Hope that pointed out a few things to look for in one.

Later,

Joe OBrien

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683@xxxx> wrote:
> I plan on buying a DVD Recorder with a hard drive in it. For some
of
> you who dont know what this is this is a new style VCR that can
record
> a TV show on a hard drive and then burn it to a DVD if you really
liked
> what you watched. Anyway i know some of you might have one of
these or
> you just might be an Electronics gadget wizard that keeps up on
new
> technology and i was asking your opinion on what make and model to
buy.

> Mark V

click here