[DMCForum] Re: DVD Recorders off topic

HA... I was about to reply and suggest the same machine.

The company I work for is in the business of audio-video media and
equipment. We distribute to a large number of Audio and Video
professionals. People who do what VideoBob does for example.

Mark V, or anyone for that matter, if you are interested contact me
off list. I don't want to advertise on here. I can get you brochures
and whatnot on entire lines of that stuff, including the media (DVDs,
CDs, Video cassettes etc.)

Cain Grimes
002835

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lauren" <LPLand@xxxx> wrote:

> Funny you should ask that just now, Mark.  We just got one.
> Actually my husband picked this out.  I'll let him tell you about
it.

> Here's Bob:
>
> Got a Panasonic DMR-E55.  It came highly recommended and is
> acclaimed by the critics.  I haven't had that much time to play
with
> it, but recorded quality is great!  It doesn't work quite like I
thought
> it would.  It's supposed to store up to 16 hours of video which can
> be edited then burned to DVD.  This is what attracted me to it the
> most, but it turns out that 16 hours employs something called DVD-
> RAM discs, a new on on me.  These are re-writable discs which
> differ from DVD-RW (the Panasonic uses the minus format, not the
> plus).  DVD-RAM is usually used for digital storage for computers
> and can be re-written 100,000 times.  The Panasonic has functions
> that work on DVD-RAM discs but not with DVD-Rs.  My guess (since I
> haven't yet obtained any DVD-RAMs) is that you can record on that
> format, do some editing functions, copy it to a DVD-R on the
> computer when finished, then re-use the DVD-RAM disc.  I need
> more time to play with it before I can be considered any kind of
> authority on  it.
>    Hope this helps.
>
> ...Bob

click here