Re: [DMCForum] Re: Wow, good thing I *STILL* have not purchased BTTF on

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Wow, good thing I *STILL* have not purchased BTTF on DVD.

I'm stunned at how many people seem to be surprised by the arrival of
a new DVD format.

Back when they first invented DVD's, they made it clear that the
standard was designed for expansion, that the spec we've all come to
think of as _the_ DVD format was really just the first in a series of
increasing-density formats that would be released in later years, as
the technology to make the higher-density formats hadn't been invented
yet.  Anyone who was listening then knew that generation 1 DVD's would
be supplanted in a few years.  If I recall correctly, that issue
actually hurt the initial adoption of DVD... but since CD's had become
too small, and the industry stopped talking loudly about the planned
DVD progression, people quickly forgot that the DVDs they invested in
so heavily were slated from the beginning to become obsolete.

click here