[DMCForum] Re: Home Video Recording Act.

[DMCForum] Re: Home Video Recording Act.

See, here is the thing: If you're in a public place you have no
expectation of privacy. I can take pictures of you, film you, and
there's nothing you can do about it. I can then sell it after the fact
and I don't have to pay you a penny, nor do I need a release.

This is how the "Girls Gone Wild" guy gets away with his videos.

-Ryan

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jon Heese <dmcforum@xxxx> wrote:
> Well, the obvious distinction there is that in the two commercials,
they
> might have asked for a release just in case, but may not have been
> legally required to do so.  I don't know the law, but it sounds like VB
> is saying that they are only *required* to get a release signed by you
> if they use your face and name in print.  Seems like the newspaper
> example should fall under this requirement.
>
> Is this a federal law?
>
>   - Jon

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here