Re: [DMCForum] Re: Porsche Tranny

Matt in the morning I will check PET, but I think the early tiptronic
computer is independent of the ECU.  I know the early 944s had
individual controllers similar to what the DeLorean has, but that was
also partly due to the tweaked Audi engine.

The problem with a 951(944 turbo/M031?) is the diff would need to be
flipped (front engine rear trans axle), and I'm not sure it can be
done.  I do have an extra 951 tranny , hell for that matter I still have
most of a 951 sitting in my parents back yard.  Some day I will get
around to hauling that tranny and engine up to Walt's to see how it will
fit one of his extra frames.

Andrei

M. P. Olans wrote:

>Marc,
>     Scott is my contact.  Just tell him Matt from the Arizona
>DeLorean Club referred you to him.  His number is 866-498-2421.
>http://www.renegadehybrids.com.  We've spoken on conversions for both
>my 944 and my DeLorean.  I am also sure he dealt a lot with Duke as I
>recall many of his posts on the Porschev and 944 boards.
>
>I haven't tried to fit the 6-speed yet.  I am willing to notch the
>frame but not at the cost of going through CV joints every 2,000 or so
>miles.  My thought is to use a 944 turbo box with one of the
>aftermarket gearsets you spoke of, or a 915.  I've talked with Scott
>about a tiptronic but the cost is WAY up there.  Then there's the
>whole logistics and trans computer issue....not sure I want to open
>that can of worms.
>
>Matthew
>
>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:

>>Info is good..  :)
>>
>>There seems to be a lot of custom gear sets for the
>>915, Is it not possible to just make all of the gears
>>taller?
>>

>>Did you try to fit the 6 speed in a DMC frame?  Or is
>>Jim the only one who has done this?  I dont want to
>>hack up the frame, and dont want to stress the CV
>>joints.  I want a car I can that is reliable, safe AND
>>fast.
>>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada