From: Marc Levy [mailto:malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 10:35 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Re: Porsche Tranny

It looks like the 915's can be rebuilt to take 500hp
if need be..

The engine is stock 260hp, so I can maybe tune it up
to 300hp.  A run of the mill 915 will be OK for that.
If I decide to supercharge it or something crazy, I
can always beef up the 915 at a later date. (is the
915 LSD?, can it be made LSD?)

I was close to my budget on this project, but if I
take a loss on my engine, trans, the money I paid this
guy already for the custom bell housing, AND the
insurance on the car for the past 3 years it has not
moved out of the garage, my budget it blown.  If I
ignore the "loss" on this guy disappearing, then I'd
still like to keep the project in the 5-6K range.

Dammit, I wish this guy would just let me come pick up
my crap!  The bell housing was almost done last time I
saw it, and would need very little to complete it.

--- Andrei Cular <acular@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you go to the Porsche recyclers you can find a
> 993-996 6-speed with
> limited slip for around $4k with warranty or if you
> go with a 80's G50
> 5-speed they seem to run about $2500 with LSD.  Even
> the old 915 and
> 901s are $1200+.  With all the work your going to
> put in to make it work
> why not go all the way with a 6-speed.  Then at
> least you could take the
> car well over 500hp with out having to worry about
> the gearbox.
>

> Andrei

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to