RE: [DMCForum] Re: It's Official -- Fuel Injection Sucks

RE: [DMCForum] Re: It's Official -- Fuel Injection Sucks

Bill,

I have the same FI 302/5.0 engine in my 1986 Mercury, and it is the most
amazing engine I have ever known.

I currently have 143,000 miles, and the car has never had a tune-up. I
changed the original 18 year old spark plugs out of principle at 140,000,
and the only part I've had to replace is the EGR position sensor.

Modern does not necessarily equal bad, and we know you are capable of doing
it (you are on a computer, after all).  You can see what the car's computer
want to tell you with the check engine light and a paper clip.

Yes, the old days were simpler, but modern times can effectively be dealt
with as well.

-Dave

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada