[DMCForum] Re: Clarification: Hot Start Fixed? (Vacuum Leak)

[DMCForum] Re: Clarification: Hot Start Fixed? (Vacuum Leak)

Ok Bill,

You're right on all of that. The air was being metered but that
doesn't matter. It still caused Samuel's problem. He's manipulating
the pedal normally which is giving the engine more air than it
needs.

If it wasn't important for the idle regulator to be closed when the
engine is under throttle, there wouldn't be a microswitch to close
it.

Rich A.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx>
wrote:

> K Jetronic equipped PRV's idled off brass manifold screws pre-1981.
> Carb equipped PRV's had their own circuits -- essentially the same
> thing -- inside whichever carb(s) was/were used (no additional air
> passages cast into the manifolds).
>
> Bill Robertson
>
> > Consider this: people idling off the brass manifold screws in
lieu of
> > CIS (how every PRV operated before 1981, and Renault long
thereafter)

click here