[DMCForum] Re: EBAY #4511178043

While you're correct that a VIN that early should have grooves and
probably even the gas flap, that doesn't mean much. People get
vandalized or in minor accidents all the time. Greg Cruise on this
list, has VIN #90-something and he has an '83 hood on his car. He
also bought and sold another early VIN that should have had the
grooves and flap and it too had been wrecked and the hood replaced.

To me, the best info you pointed out is the guy's bid history. Heck
I get bitten by people with GOOD bid histories. :) I rarely shop
Ebay anymore.

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rmclemns" <rmclemns@xxxx> wrote:

> I hope none of our members are bidding on this "jewel" that ends in
> about 24 hours.  Even a quick glance will show that the pictures
were
> copied from a brochure, besides being a total bogus car for that
VIN.
>  Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't 2408 have hood grooves??
>
> Taking a look at his feedback, you will see he has had problems in
the
> past.  (check ID history)  I have contacted Ebay to see if they
will
> do anything to stop this guy.
>
> Hope this helps someone out on this list.
>
> Mike    1630

click here