[DMCForum] Re: BUMP - No air blows when on vent, heater, or defrost

[DMCForum] Re: BUMP - No air blows when on vent, heater, or defrost

All true, but the fan shuts down on vent, heat and defrost. That's
an electrical failure that needs to be addressed.

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe@xxxx>
wrote:

> Correct, the mode switch hisses a bit when changing selections,
but
> possibly there can be some damaged parts to the diaphram inside.
> Maybe the areas that direct the vacuum to control the heating?
>
> If you gonna be in there, I'd order the HCR diaphram from Grady to
> replace it.
>

> Joe
>

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lakelanier20" <derek4567@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > Joe, Rich, & Elvis,
> >
> >     Thanks so much for your responses.  I think no one saw my
> > earlier post because I made it during late afternoon on a
Friday.
> [...]
evening
> > rather than sitting on this forum. Hahaha.
> >
> > Joe, I'm not sure the diaphragm of my mode switch would be my
> > problem, as I have no hissing when off as you described.  It
only
> > makes a slight hissing noise when changing modes, which is
normal,
> > right?  But if I open it to check the electrical contacts, I'll
> take
> > a look at it.
> >
> > Rich, when I switch to Vent, Heater of Def the fan motor shuts
> down.
> > As far as I can tell, no air is coming out of the floor.  My
temp
> > knob does have resistance, so I think the cable is ok.  I'll
check
> > if the heater core is clogged and the valve in the engine
> > compartment.
> >
> > Elvis, I bought my car in Houston in the middle of the summer.
> The
> > fan obviously worked because I ran the air conditioning during
the
> > test drive, but checking if the heating worked was the absolute
> last
> > thing on my mind.  Summer + Houston = Really Hot Outside
> > I will definitely take a look at the electrical contacts on the
> mode
> > switch.  But what you were saying about Fuse 18, there's nothing
> > wrong with that fuse, right?  The problem is more likely in the
> mode
> > switch, as you said?
> > Also, I bought all 3 manuals 4 months before I got the car, but
> I'm
> > not as mechanically inclined as you.  You're the guy with this
> > website, right? With the lift in the garage and everything?
> > (down at the moment)
> > http://retroserver.no-ip.com/
> > I used your front speaker replacement how-to.  It was very
helpful.

> > Alright, I'll check out the stuff you guys suggested.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > -Derek L
> > VIN 5302

-

> > --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe OBrien"
<joeyoseppijoe@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > That is exactly the same issue I half to fix on #2524
> > >
> > > All my setting worked just fine, but I had a slight hissing on
> the
> > > mode switch when off. In my quest to make everything prefect
on
> > the car I had to rebuild the mode switch, but for some reason
when
> > was doing it the cheap jew in me decided to regrease the old
mode
> > switch diaphram.
> > >
> > > I should have just bought one of grady's new mode switc
> diaphrams.
> > > I used petroleum jelly to moisten the disc to rejuvenate it.
But

<elvisnocita@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Derek - even when you had yor car only a day you should be
able
> > tell us if the fan works or not - when the mode switch is set to
> > heating.
> > >
> > > Don't make it more complicated as it is.
> > >
> > > If the fan doesn't run - I bet the electrical contacts inside
> the
> > > switch may have a problem.
> > >
> > > Also - within 4 months you should already have the manual and
> > > schematic of the car and with that you could see, that the
mode
> > switch position 90 is fed by fuse 18. Then the mode switch feeds
> the
> > fan speed switch. So if the fan works on A/C, then the problem
> must
> > be inside the mode switch.
> > > Simple, isn't it ?
> > >
> > > I visited NASA last week, maybe I am on a high-tech trip now ?
> LOL
> > >
> > > Elvis & 6548 sleeping

click here