[DMCForum] Re: BUMP - No air blows when on vent, heater, or defrost

[DMCForum] Re: BUMP - No air blows when on vent, heater, or defrost

OK apologies for the horrendous speeeling errors on the previous
message, jeesh, I need to slow down when typing.

Joe OBrien

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe@xxxx>
wrote:

> That is exactly the same issue I half to fix on #2524
>
> All my setting worked just fine, but I had a slight hissing on the
> mode switch when off. In my quest to make everything prefect on
the
> car I had to rebuild the mode switch, but for some reason when I
was
> doing it the cheap jew in me decided to regrease the old mode
switch
> diaphram.
>
> I should have just bought one of grady's new mode switc diaphrams.
> used petroleum jelly to moisten the disc to rejuvenate it. But the
> first time I used TO much. I was paranoid it would dry out soon
> again, and didn't think to consider that ari needs to travel
around
> those diaphram passages, hence the first rebuild didn't work.
Second
> time I disasembled it again, wiped a good majority of the
petroleum
> jelly off, and reassembled it. Everything worked fine, but it was
> still kinda "juicy" with jelly.
>
> Hence I lost the functions of the heater, defrosted & vent, AFTER
> reassembled the whole console area.
>
> So next year when it warms up I will buy one of Grady's new
hardcore
> diaphrams, rebuild it correctly, and be done with that issue.
>
> Hopefully that will have pointed you in the possible right
direction
> to diagnose your issue.
>

> But hey at least you have AC to keep you warm, it has to be warmer
> than it is outside right now :)
>

> Best of luck,
>

> Joe OBrien
>

> ---- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lakelanier20" <derek4567@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > No one knows or no one cares?
> >
> > Man... and I wrote that nice intro and everything...

> > Hi all,
> > Alright, I've got another question here on how to fix
> > something. I know that I usually only post when I need some
advice,
> > but I promise I'm on here everyday and feel like I know you
guys,
> so
> > I hope you don't think that I only come on here when I have a
> > question. I'm kind of a shy person in real life, so I guess that
> > somewhat translates to my forum habits.
> > Now that that's settled.... :)
> >
> > When my mode switch is on "max a/c, norm a/c, or bi-level," air
> > blows just fine and the fan-speed switch does exactly what it's
> > supposed to, at all 4 speeds. But when I switch to "vent, heater,
> > or defrost," no air blows out at all. You can turn the fan speed
> > switch to whatever you like and nothing happens. I read in the
> > owner's manual that when the heater is on, air comes out of the
> > footwells, and I haven't checked if it actually does on mine or
> not,
> > but on all three of these settings, absolutely nothing comes out
of
> > the middle console or the door vents, and on a cold night the
> > interior of the car does not warm up. I know my fan motor works,
> > because as I said it's all fine and dandy with the A/C, and also
> > there is that normal "vacuum" sound that lasts for a second or so
> > when switching between modes. I don't think it's a vacuum issue,
> > it's just a matter of getting the blower to turn on when in a
> > heating mode. But then what do I know, I've only had my car for 4
> > and a half months.
> >
> > -Derek L
> > VIN 5302

click here