From: content22207 [mailto:brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 1:43 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Village Idiot Returns (Greg)

I *AM* running a gasoline carb -- a Motorcraft 2150. That's the
purpose of the custom adapter pictured in #5939's photo album -- to
mate dissimilar carb and manifold. Propane carb was given to a fellow
at the diesel shop.

Bottom end torque is definitely not a problem. That's where all my
power currently exists. I can't wait until the secondaries are
disabled and see how the car behaves with the throttle plates
completely open (secondaries are activated by a cam on the throttle
plate shaft). I'm already toasting stock DeLoreans @ 5000 RPM.

Which brings up good points -- since my engine is identical to B28,
and since I'm having so much success at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, is it
possible:
- PRV is in fact a torquey little engine undeserving of the scorn
heaped upon it by DeLo owners?
- In F series trim the poor thing simply runs WAY too lean?

You should feel how much cooler my engine runs than a stock DeLo. Lean
mixture and advanced ignition time both elevate combustion chamber
temps, sometimes catastrophically (see the pic of my vacuum leak
damaged spark plugs in #5939's DML album). Not only is my carb jetted
richer than K Jetronic, but I'm timed at 10 degrees with full
centifugal advance enabled in the distributor.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> <snip>
> >If you want to get technical, my engine was intended to run propane in
> >an industrial setting. That's the carb it came with.
> <snip>
> >Bill Robertson
>

> Maybe that is why your car is running overly rich at WOT?  I know very
> little about vehicles converted to run propane, but if you haven't
already,
> you may try talking with some local places that do these conversions.  I
> have seen several state-owned trucks converted to run this and the
driver's
> have all stated they lose bottom-end torque.
>
> Maybe all you need to do is swap in a carburetor designed to work with
> gasoline?
>
> Greg

click here