[DMCForum] Speaking of insurance

Are there any good deals for us daily drivers? I pay about $900 a year
for my DeLorean with State Farm. That's full coverage, but no agreed
upon values (agent claims "we don't do that").

I'd like an agreed upon value with a much lower premium, but without
milage or other limitations. I mean, I'm putting 10k-15k miles a year
on the car. I'd imagine any collector insurance would just deny a
claim based on that alone. I spoke with a couple companies that have
"no milage limitations" but the attitude was, "Well, you know, if we
catch you driving it to work you might not be covered unless you're on
your way to a special car event afterwards, or if you run an errand in
it you might not be covered, blah blah blah."

Any thoughts?

(story time follows)

When my Fiero was wrecked State Farm tried to screw me, big time.
Claimed the brand new engine swap w/20 additional horsepower had zero
value, claimed the grand in stereo equipment had zero value, and
several thousand worth of new parts & upgrades in the past six months
also had zero value. Then they pulled out ads for trashed cars with
terrible paint jobs, super high milage that needed engine work and
said, "See, these cars are selling for $500. We'll give you $800 for
yours." (The car was worth at least $4k;
http://www.ryanwright.com/fiero/85gt/) I fought for a month and I
think I got about $3k out of them.

So I'm afraid if something happens with the DeLorean they'll go, "Oh,
see, we can buy these for $8,000 anywhere. Here you go." Even though
I've got a car that's almost perfect and could easily fetch $18k-$22k.

-Ryan

click here