Re: [DMCForum] Marc's project...

Yup..

I hired a "friend" to do the machine work on the bell
housing.  In the past 2 years he has been married and
divorced TWICE, moved his machine shop twice, and been
doing random contract work as he can find it...  With
all of this upheaval in his life, he has not had time
(so he tells me) to complete the work.  The bulk of it
is done, the only thing left to do is mount the slave
cylinder on the bell housing and install the pivot pin
for the clutch fork.  A few hours work at best, but it
has been in this stage for 8 months already.

He is impossible to get hold of, rarely returns my
phone calls.  At this point I'd like to just go pick
up all of my stuff (he has the engine, and trans) and
complete it myself.  Each time I am lucky enough to
talk to him, he claims he will get it done in the next
week or so.. but they turn out to be empty promises.

I am to the point where I will need to rent a truck
and camp outside his house until he comes home, at
which point I can load all of my crap and take it with
me.

2 yrs ago, he said it would cost me $1000 and take
about 6 weeks...  Finally just this past month, I took
my insurance off of the car.  I had been paying full
insurance on it for 2 yrs when it has not moved out of
my garage!  That is almost $2K in the toilet.  Plus, I
already paid him the $1K for his work... add in the
cost of the engine, trans, and other goodies I had to
supply him with (starter, clutch, tob, etc.).  This
has been a costly project with nothing to show for it.

In retrospect, I should have purchased a Porsche trans
and went with the Kennedy Engineering conversion kit
(they have a plate to mount the Chrysler engine to the
Porsche trans).  My idea to stick with the DMC trans
was because it would have been a little less expensive
for others to copy once all of the engineering work
was done (we all already have a DMC trans).

Anyone wanna camp outside his house with me one
weekend?  LOL