RE: [DMCForum] President, and Economy

> Did you actually read it?  Granted there is a LOT to
> read and I have spent

I read a few summaries of it.  I am not an accountant,
so would not claim to understand all of it... which is
why I asked!

> the better part of a week talking with a few
> different tax lawyers who
> needed time to understand the changes.  Basically,
> when a 'rich' person has
> sheltered all the money they can and their
> accountant says they are about to
> pay X amount of dollars in taxes, they need to spend
> that money.  Before the
> change they could spend up to $102,000 on an SUV and
> take a 100% right off
> that year.  That will piss some rich people off.

It will piss off rich people to spend the $102,000 on
a SUV, and deduct 100% of it??  I think I am missing
something.

> This also effects small businesses who can, and
> need, to buy vehicles for
> work.  They could also take the write off, which
> would HELP the average
> middle class and HURT the 'rich'.  Not all small
> business owners are rich.

Again, don't see how it hurts the rich..  Lots of
"self employed" people driving around Hummers because
it qualifies for the deduction.  I'll take a 100%
deductible truck too, but I would first have to earn
enough in one year to pay for it!