[DMCForum] Moving to Canada.

--- Dave Stragand <dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I guess I used the wrong term.  My neighbors swore
> they would move to Canada
> if Bush was elected.  I offered to help, and
> encouraged them to follow
> through with their convictions...  They may have
> considered it harassment --
> I considered it helping them follow through with
> their plans.  What's wrong
> with that?

They are not capable of moving to Canada without your
encouragement?

> I guess I could have gone out on a limb and sworn I
> would move to Canada if
> Gore or Kerry won, but I didn't believe that would
> have been the end of the
> world, because it would not have been.  These people
> who claim they are
> going to move to [insert country here] if their
> chosen candidate does not
> win are, let's face it, taking things to the
> extreme.

In most cases, yes..  And being that you realize that
it is a meaningless thing to say, why would you bring
the topic up after their chosen candidate has
conceded?

I have heard people say "if you touch my car, I am
going to kill you!", but did not call the police
because I thought they were contemplating murder.

> The fact that none of
> them have followed through with it shows, in my
> eyes, a total lack of
> conviction.

No, because as you pointed out they are "taking things
to the extreme."  A common human trait for purposes of
getting a point across.  The world would be a mess if
we took every extreme statement like this as truth.

<SNIP>