Re: [DMCForum] your first impression of DMC

Re: [DMCForum] your first impression of DMC

It started for me when i first saw a commercial for a brand new
delorean I was 10 at the time. the car was the coolest thing i ever
saw. Later on when BTTF came out everything about the first delorean
commercial i saw flashed back to me. Later on I worked for an Auto
parts store and delivered parts to a guy that repaired these cars. I
sat in one and fell in love. The owner of the shop told me what a P.O.S
these cars were with tons of electrical problems and crappy cooling
systems. I forgot about the cars for years again. About 4 or 5 years
ago i was on ebay looking for a BTTF poster and i noticed they had
deloreans for sale and now i am older and realized i can actually buy
one. I joined the Delorean Midwest Connection and got to see them up
close again. I studied everything i could about them. Rich W. is a
member in the club I am in and had one for sale and the rest is
history. Now I even do the clubs newsletter with my Wife.

Mark V

On Thursday, November 11, 2004, at 08:48  AM, Walter Coe wrote:

> I'm starting a fun thread here.  I want to hear everyone's opinion
> what they felt when they first saw a DeLorean in person.  What was
> your impression?  What emotions did you feel when you sat in the car?
>
> I followed my dad into a Buick dealership.  He was interested in a
> Buick, of course.  And I was a bored teenager who came across an
> irresistible temptation.  There it was with the gullwing door open
> inviting me to sit in it.  As I climb in, being the lanky teenager
> that I was, my knee bumped the horn button on the end of the turn
> signal.  Being indoors in a showroom, it was LOUD.  And being so
> young, I was seen only as a nuisance.  "Hey kid!  Get outta there!
> ... and by the way, how did you get the horn to work?"  They wrongly
> assumed it was in the center of the steering wheel.
>
> As I sat in the car, I looked around.  Everything seemed so foreign &
> exotic yet comfortable & safe.  I felt like I was getting a glimpse of
> a toy that only a very rich person would play with.  As I sat in the
> driver's seat, my neck did a lot of craning.  The front where the
> engine SHOULD have been was small & low.  The net over the rear parcel
> shelf looked like a chain link fence adding to the 'off limits'
> feeling.  Looking thru the rear window gave a shaded view over the
> engine compartment and under the louvers.  It added to the close,
> compact feel of everything.
>
> Actually owning one of these cars one day was pretty far from my mind.
>  I never considered owning one even while watching all the BTTF
> trilogy.  I assumed that they were too expensive and you couldn't get
> parts.  Then one day while waiting in a barber shop, I passed the time
> looking thru an autotrader.  "Hey look, a DeLorean.  Only $19.5K.  And
> here's another one for $17.5K.  I cant believe something so cool is
> priced so cheap.  I should get one."  And I did.
>
> Obviously I have been drinking some really good coffee.
>
> Walt

> Yahoo! Groups Links

click here