[DMCForum] Re: bidding on eBay...

Greg,

That certain seller now is trying to sell them for more, even after
he was informed that there are reproductions about to be made. And
when he was listing drivers door torsion bars starting at $500 and
nobody was bidding on them, he then raised it to $700 the next week
saying they were selling too fast at $500. Hmmmm, smells like
bullshit. And now he has stopped selling altogether saying he wants
to wait for the prices to go up before selling any more parts.

Sad that he trashed his fathers good name here in Ohio just to make a
buck. And for some reason he was selling simpleton items like the
DeLorean hood badge for like $5.00 above what Houston sells them
fore, and then he still has his shipping. Which to also pad his
pockets, he has now made it a minimum of $15 to ship anything. He
really tarnished the image his father had over the years. He always
told me he would half to check with his "partner" before he would
combine shipping or other miscellaneous things. Until I looked up
contact info on him and found out his partner was really his dad, who
isn't really in the know what his son is doing.

He basically felt that his father wasn't selling items for enough
money, so he took over with the eBay selling under the name
snowmangolfer. Coupled with his shipping you would end up paying 15-
20% higher for any item that is easily available from a vendor.

And don't even think about asking for an item that is on the "rare"
list of Delorean parts. When I started looking for an ASI radio for
16634, I had contacted him before I finally found one. You can expect
to pay upwards of close to $500 for a new ASI radio, if you can find
one. Well his price was only slightly more, at $1.500.00!!!! And he
wasn't ready to sell them yet because he said they are not of enough
value yet.

I had also tried for years to get a perfect copy of Saainless Steel
Illusion (hardcover) but never found one. I finally found one for
$150, but about 4 days before the auction was about to end, Houston
announced their reprints, so I couldn't bring myself to buy it.

eBay is absolutley buyer beware with Delorean parts, but most here on
this list are sharp enough to pick out the bullshit, and avoid it.
Just the other ignorant fools in this world are ripe targets.

It's like people buy from ebay because they feel they are always
getting a deal, kinda like the walmartism mentality some people have
when they are in Wal-Mart.

OK, I'm done venting now.

Joe

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> I probably should have qualified that a bit more.  I obviously bid
against
> other people, but I won't bid against someone I respect, if I know
their
> username.  Some are easy to figure out and other's aren't.  I also
won't
> keep bidding on something that I know will be on again later, as
your
> example with the photocopied story, because that only makes the
next time it
> is listed have a higher starting bid or reserve.  Someone on this
list
> pointed that out to me on one certain eBay seller who raises their
prices
> like this.
>
> In the past I had been trying to get the original Stainless Steel
Illusion
> but never could.  I suddenly got three almost at once.  The story
ends the
> same no matter which one I read so I have been pondering what to do
with the
> other two.
>
> Greg

Certainly
> beats bidding it up.
>
> BTW, I'm **LP**Land on EBAY.  I sell mostly vintage clothes and
> boots.
>
> I know I'm rambling.  Gotta get back to work after screwing around
> online all night last night.

> > You bring up a very interesting topic that bothers me as well.  I
have
> > spoken with a few people on the list who bid on eBay and we
agreed to
> > not bid against each other.

click here