[DMCForum] Re: bidding on eBay...

Lauren,

> But this book is calling to me.  And since it's a photocopy, I figure
> it's not really immoral to buy it and copy it among friends.  Certainly
> beats bidding it up.

Email dmc_matt. Tell him you'll mail him a free copy if he doesn't bid
against you. ;)

> Yes, EBAY can be a dog-eat-dog world but that's what drives
> Capitalism.  Greed.   I've been known to snipe my share of auctions,
> too.

I snipe everything. I never bid directly on eBay; always through a
sniping service. This affords me many benefits:

1. I can change or cancel my bid any time I please before the auction
ends without causing problems.

2. I don't get caught up in the bidding and never pay more for an item
than I want to.

3. I get a lot of good deals.

4. I can use "bid groups" on multiple items. Example, if there are a
dozen of the same item for sale and I only want 1 of them, I can enter
them all into a bid group. If I lose the first one, it will bid on the
next, etc, until I win one.

-Ryan

click here