RE: [DMCForum] bidding on eBay...

Greg wrote:

> I probably should have qualified that a bit more.  I obviously bid
> against other people, but I won't bid against someone I respect, if I
> know their username.

I've never been in that situation before and I really don't want to be
there.  EBAY is such a game and, honestly, one that I have little
patience for from a buyer's pov.  I'd so much rather deal with people
I don't know when it comes to buying/selling.

> I also won't keep bidding on something that I know will be on again
> later, as your example with the photocopied story, because that only
> makes the next time it is listed have a higher starting bid

of course.  Buyers learn what the market will bear.  But then again,
EBAY is such a crapshoot when it comes to selling.  One week no
one wants my stuff, another week it's a feeding frenzy.

> In the past I had been trying to get the original Stainless Steel
> Illusion but never could.  I suddenly got three almost at once.  The
> story ends the same no matter which one I read so I have been
> pondering what to do with the other two.

I'll buy one from you if you want to sell me a copy.  I'd love to read
it.   We can discuss it privately if you like.

click here