[DMCForum] stainless cleaner

Save your pennies-- don't try ZEP Commercial Stainless Steel
Cleaner - at least not yet anyway.   It was an impluse purchase at
Home Depot while I was standing in line that promised to "clean,
polish and protect stainless steel, chrome and aluminum."

  While it did clean my D nicely - even bird droppings, rain spatter,
some black crap near the wheel wells, and other unidentifiable
crusty stuff, it left the finish looking much to satiny and matte for
my taste.  Maybe I just didn't polish enough of it off with a clean
enough rag, but in twilight the car looks like oxidized grey paint.  I'll
have another wipe at it tomorrow afternoon and maybe it'll look
better to me.   I assume the coating will wear off or wash off with
Barkeepers Friend.

I think "polish" is the operative word.  Does anyone use a polishing
product when cleaning the stainless?

click here