Re: [DMCForum] Digest Number 1212

     Uhhh, Greg, I rest my case.  You went out of your
way (not very far) to get my address & phone number,
and how easy it was. Granted, for an innocent reason.
Here, where the meth crowd would love to know about
someone being away for some time, it would be an
invitation.
     I live out in the "hinterlands" - there isn't any
other residence within sight. In the past 25 years,
every residence within 5 miles of me has been
burglarized at least once, some several times. I am
well known in the area for raising Dobermans,
Rottweilers, and have, years ago, raised & shown Pit
Bulls (NO, NEVER raised one for fighting, nor sold one
to anyone that I thought would fight dogs - have even
cooperated with law enforcement to have those lowlifes
arrested & prosecuted for such - one was a local
minister).  We introduce our animals to the local
kidlets so they have no fear of them & the dogs love
the kids. My home & shop is the ONLY one for miles
around that has never been burglarized nor have we
been robbed.
     As an aside, for years I had a Federal Firearms
Dealer's license as well as an Ammunition
Manufacturer's license. I am a past president of our
local conservation oriented sports organization, and
my owner is current vice-president after having served
several years as president. That group is the oldest
in Southwest Washington (formed in 1933, I think), and
was twice named the outstanding conservation-oriented
group in the nation by the National Wildlife
Federation. We have probably trained more youngsters
in firearms safety than any group in the state, if not
the nation. So, I & my owner are not just "wave it
around" gun owners.
     My wife once was threatened by a supposed
"college student selling magazine subscriptions" while
I was at work. He stuck his foot in the door so that
she couldn't close it when she told him that she was
not interested.    The Doberman Natasha & my owner's
Dan Wesson 357 Mag in his face convinced him that he
was treading on shakey ground. Her 911 call had this
freak arrested within the 20 minutes it took the local
sheriff's deputy to get here. Believe me, had it NOT
been for Natasha & my owner's ready access to her Dan
Wesson, I would be a widower now. (Let me antagonize
the Democrats that support Ted Kennedy & the other
anti-gunners here, including my state's anti-gun
Senators Patty Murray & Maria Cantwell, and
Representative Brian Baird - had my wife not had a 357
Mag in her hand & a Doberman growling, she would have
been raped & strangled - don't believe otherwise - not
a month later a guy & his kids drove by a log that had
a woman's severed head on it, less than a mile from my
house).
     Greg, now that you have my address & phone
number, I would welcome you to stop by to see my
Delorean VIN 1387 - just phone ahead so that you are
expected. Mindy will lick you, (not bite unless either
I or my owner say the "magic word") until you tell her
to stop.
     Please know that I am not being facetious here -
your reference to identity theft is a real threat
everywhere, especially here with the meth problem, but
PHYSICAL threats must be approached in kind. If we
feel threatened, the threatener WILL deal with the
consequences. Absolutely, and with no regrets. Hey,
the local Mormons, Seventh Day Adventists & Jehovah's
Witnesses stop by regularly. We belong to none of
those  religions, but welcome them to stop by & visit,
and the dogs now know them & just alert us that a
visitor is here and posture themselves in a protective
mode. I did have to offer one minister a dry-cleaning
of his navy blue suit when Hannah stood up on his
chest with her muddy feet to lick his face in welcome.
He laughingly declined.

Responding in good thoughts,
Hirko
VIN 1387