[DMCForum] Re: Why? (For Marc)

I'm not offended by the image of a naked woman. In fact, I own
several.

I don't share it with my kids. I keep it out of site. I call the
image of a naked woman -gyrating in a sexually suggestive manner- on
national TV much more glaring and in-your-face than holiday music
that generally advocates peace and goodwill to your fellow human
playing softly under roar of a large crowd at a shopping mall.

Which one does more damage? Shoving an image in a kid's face that sex
is cool and totally safe and without consequences or jingally music
that often doesn't have any lyrics but even if it does, speaks of
food, fond memories and family moments? That's how the "fire" analogy
applies.

You find religion "offensive" but it isn't harming you. Blatant,
constant, sexual innuendo -can- (but isn't always) be harmful to
young kids who usually follow the example of the environment they are
exposed to.

PS- I am STILL waiting to hear why homosexuallity is ok, but incest
with your sis, brother, or 1st cousin isn't (genetic birth defects
not withstanding). Also, don't tell me an animal can't consent to
sex. As was pointed out, an animal in heat will latch on to whatever
is placed in front of it. My female dog repeatedly rebuffs my male
dog's advances. A perfectly reasonable example of consent and denial.
That must mean it's ok right?