[DMCForum] Re: Refusal, denial, conspiricy, repression and reality

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> I am not a homosexual, so this issue has no direct
> impact on me.  HOWEVER, I don't know why anyone would
> care about what someone else does in their bedroom,
> and who they do it with.

Nobody does. Do you see anybody outlawing homosexuality? No. I
supported the decision (in Texas, I believe) that struck down the
anti-sodomy laws. The government has no business telling consenting
adults what they can and can't do in the privacy of their own home.

But that's not what this is about.

> Allowing Homosexuals to marry gives them the same
> legal and tax benefits as heterosexuals.   WHY DO YOU
> CARE?
>
> It is discrimination.  Something I thought was illegal
> in this country.

No, see, this is where you're wrong. Nobody is taking marriage away
from homosexuals. They're welcome to get married, so long as they
abide by the rules of marriage. That is, between a man and a woman.

The problem is not that homosexuals are being denied the opportunity
to marry. It's that they don't like the rules. They want to change
them. The rest of us disagree: We like the rules just fine, and
they're not changing.

Discrimination was when our country disallowed blacks from getting
married because they were black. That was wrong. Nobody is telling
homosexuals "You can't get married because you're gay", we're telling
them "You can't marry a member of your own sex." There is a distinct
difference here; the former is discrimination, the latter is not.

-Ryan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada