From: Marc Levy [mailto:malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 1:16 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [DMCForum] Shenanigans?

Bullshit..

If there is a big button on the screen, how can
someone push the wrong part??  I'd like to see the
software these machines use..  The target for Kerry
was probably 2x2 pixels.  Touch anyplace else on the
screen, and it is a vote for Bush.

I have used many touch screens, and they do not need
to be recalibrated once they are working correctly.

Furthermore, Human Factor studies of user interfaces
on any device or software is BIG business.  The data
can be used to make the machines fair..... or unfair.

> But if you read the entire article...
>

> "The most likely reason the summary screen showed
> wrong candidates was
> because voters pushed the wrong part of the touch
> screen in the first place,
> Charles said.
<SNIP>

click here